Table of Contents
- The first railroad in Kentucky opens. The horse-drawn cars run between Lexington and Louisville.
U.S. & World
- Henry Clay wins Kentucky, but fails in his Presidential election bid against Andrew Jackson.
- The Department of Indian Affairs is established.
- The Nullification Crisis opens the debate over the issue of states' rights.
- Andrew Jackson vetoes a bill rechartering the Bank of the United States, touching off a political fight known as the Bank War.
- The Black Hawk War is fought in Illinois and present-day Wisconsin.
- The Seminole War begins.
1832.txt · Last modified: 2020/11/03 18:42 by 127.0.0.1