User Tools

Site Tools


Clore House (BE 444)

<html><img alt=“Clore House” src=“” width=“300” align=“right” title=“Clore House”></html>

Located on Camp Ernst Road, the house was built for Mr. and Mrs. Paul Clore in 1947. Its straightforward and economical plan reflects the spirit of the times immediately following World War II. It stands one story high, three rooms wide and one room deep, with side-gabled roof and one-story rear ell. The front door opens into the center room.

The Clore farm includes an English tobacco barn of timber-frame construction, which may have been associated with a log homestead that once occupied the site. Other farm buildings include a dairy barn, milkhouse and silo built in the 1950s.

clore_house.txt · Last modified: 2020/11/03 18:42 by