User Tools

Site Tools


Scott Barn (BE 1183)

Scott Barn Located on Waterloo Road near McVille, this gambrel barn was built c.1920 and was originally part of the adjacent Scott Farm. The gambrel roof gained popularity in the early 20th century because it allowed for room for hay storage.

During the 1937 flood, the swollen waters of Middle Creek enveloped the barn, and the owners floated through the runway in a boat.

scott_barn.txt · Last modified: 2020/11/03 18:42 (external edit)