Zion Baptist Church (BE 1248)
The church, one of two extant African-American congregations in the county, was founded in 1872. (The First Baptist Church of Burlington is the other.) The congregation developed from a group of local residents who held prayer services in the home of one of the members. A combination church and school building was erected in 1884, which was replaced by the present building in 1922.
Located on Church Street in Walton, across from the Walton Cemetery, the building is a simple nave-plan frame structure with forward-facing gable roof. A gabled vestibule was added to the main facade at an unknown date.