- 1850 - Florence Academy is established.
- 1850 - Kentucky's fourth constitution goes into effect. It retains all the slave provisions from the previous constitution, and now requires emancipated slaves to leave the state.
U.S. & World
- 1850 - President Zachary Taylor dies. He is succeeded by Millard Fillmore.
- 1850 - The Fugitive Slave Law, part of Henry Clay's Compromise of 1850, is passed. Assistance by government officials in capturing runaway slaves is now required.
- 1851 - The New York Times begins publishing a daily newspaper.
1850s.txt · Last modified: 2020/11/03 18:42 by 127.0.0.1