Table of Contents
- 1820 - A small corner of Gallatin County is added to Boone County.
- 1824 - The town of Burlington is incorporated.
- 1825 - Revolutionary War hero General Lafayette and his son stay overnight in Florence during their tour of the U.S.
- 1827 - The retirement community of Hygeia is designed.
- 1820 - A Frenchman, De Tocqueville, travels through Kentucky, recording his experiences in his journal.
- 1823 - The Replevin Law is ruled unconstitutional.
- 1824 - The Court of Appeals abolishes the Old Court and establishes a new court. The Old Court refuses to be abolished beginning a state court crisis.
U.S. & World
- 1820 - Daniel Boone dies in Missouri.
- 1820 - The negotiation of the Missouri Compromise allows slave-holding Missouri to apply for statehood.
- 1823 - Henry Clay becomes Speaker of the House.
- 1827 - The Second Great Awakening, a period of intense, emotional religious revivalism, sweeps the United States.
1820s.txt · Last modified: 2020/11/03 18:42 by 127.0.0.1