- 1874 - The Cincinnati firm of Freiburg & Workum purchase the Petersburg Distillery.
- 1875 - Aristides, ridden by African-American jockey Oliver Lewis, wins the first Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs in Louisville.
- 1876 - The bizarre Kentucky Meat Shower takes place in Bath County, where what appear to be flakes of red meat fall from the sky.
U.S. & World
- 1870 - The 15th Amendment to the Constitution is officially ratified, giving African-Americans the legal right to vote.
- 1873 - Jesse James and the James-Younger gang complete their first successful train robbery in the West.
- 1876 - General Custer and the 7th U.S. Cavalry are routed at the Battle of Little Bighorn.
- 1878 - The Edison Electric Company begins operations.
1870s.txt · Last modified: 2020/11/03 18:42 by 127.0.0.1