- 1921: A whole block caught fire in downtown Burlington causing Burlington's earliest major fire
- 1925: New building built for the Boone County Deposit Bank
- 1926: Dam #38 was constructed in McVille
- 1935: Walton's Civilian Conservation Corps brings in jobs for men, ages 18-25, from needy families
- 1942: C.L Cropper is appointed judge
- 1942: Fair opens at Burlington-Idlewild Road
- 1943: Kiger Murder Trial
- 1944: WWII plane lands in Reuben Kirtley's wheat field
- 1947: First commercial flight departs/arrives at the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport
- 1950: The historic Phoenix Hotel in Walton catches fire
- 1952: Boone County Health Department sets up first immunization clinics for pre-school students
- 1953: Hilda Ramler opens the Caintuckee Grill
- 1955: The first commercial crash in the region occurred when a TWA aircraft departed from the Greater Cincinnati Airport.
- 1956: 25,000 people attend Verona Lake Ranch first season
- 1956: Tornado touches down in Walton demolishing five Beaver Road homes
- 1958: Florence gets its first phone booths
- 1959: Latonia Race Track is brought to Florence, Kentucky
- 1960: Construction on Interstate 75 begins
- 1961: A cargo plane crashed near Constance on approach to the Greater Cincinnati Airport.
- 1962: President JFK visits the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport
- 1965: American Airlines Flight 383 was making an approach to the Greater Cincinnati Airport in light snow and crashed into the hillside near Constance, killing 58 people and severely injuring 4.
- 1966: Dam #38 in McVille is demolished
- 1967: TWA Flight 159 ran off the runway while attempting to take off from the Greater Cincinnati Airport.
- 1967: TWA Flight 128 struck trees on the Constance hillside and crashed 6,878 feet short of the runway, killing 70 and injuring 12.
- 1971: Song, Sheriff of Boone County, by Kenny Price, a Boone County native, makes the Top 10 Music Chart
- 1971: Walton-Verona Auto Sales and Parts Company caught fire. Flames then spread to the Walton Village Barbershop
- 1974: First Boone County Public Library Opens
- 1974: F5 tornado destroys property throughout the county
- 1975: President Johnson visits the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport
- 1976: Florence Mall opens
- 1984: Caintuckee Grill closes
- 1984: Boone County inventor, Frank Sinton Milburn dies
- 1986: Latonia Race Park is renamed Turfway Park
- 1997: The “Flood of '97,” the Ohio River reaches 65 feet
- 1999: Fire in Florence, Garten Haus Restaurant, the Florence Barber Shop, a computer store and Bessler's Economy Market were destroyed on the corner of Main Street and Shelby Street.
- 2002: General Store in Burlington is demolished. Serves as a parking lot and landscaped area for Burlington Baptist Church
1900-2000.txt · Last modified: 2020/11/03 18:42 by 127.0.0.1