Table of Contents
- The town of Burlington is first incorporated.
- The General Assembly approved an Act to legalize the proceedings of the Trustees of the town of Burlington. (28 December 28, 1824; Collins, “History of Kentucky”, Vol. 2, page 51, states: “Burlington, the county seat of Boone county was incorporated in 1824.”
- The Court of Appeals abolishes the Old Court and establishes a new court. The Old Court refuses to be abolished beginning a state court crisis.
U.S. & World
- Congress passes the Tariff Act of 1824, promoted by Henry Clay to support American industry.
- The Marquise de Lafayette, America's French ally during the Revolutionary War, comes for a year-long tour of the nation.
- Boone County Tax Lists, 1824.
1824.txt · Last modified: 2020/11/03 18:42 by 127.0.0.1