- The Replevin Law is ruled unconstitutional.
U.S. & World
- President James Monroe presents the Monroe Doctrine, proclaiming that the U.S. will consider any attempt by European powers to meddle in the affairs of the Americas an affront to the national interest.
- Henry Clay becomes Speaker of the House.
- A 17-year-old British rugby player invents football when he scoops up the ball and defies the rules of rugby to run with it.
- Boone County Tax Lists, 1823.
1823.txt · Last modified: 2020/11/03 18:42 by 127.0.0.1