Table of Contents
- Emmancipated slaves travel to Burlington to provide proof to the Boone County court that they were indeed free.
- Kentucky marshals abduct abolitionist minister Calvin Fairbank from Jeffersonville, Indiana, and take him to Kentucky to stand trial for helping a slave escape. HistoryOrb.com
U.S. & World
- Gail Borden announces invention of evaporated milk. HistoryOrb.com
- The New York Times begins publishing a daily newspaper. HistoryOrb.com
- Fire devastates US Library of Congress in Washington, destroys 35,000 volumes.
* Boone County Tax Lists, 1851: District 1, District 2.
1851.txt · Last modified: 2020/11/03 18:42 by 127.0.0.1