User Tools

Site Tools


Belleview Baptist Church (BE 7)

Currently located in the town of Belleview, it was originally called the Middle Creek Baptist Church, after the location of the first meeting house. The church was constituted in 1803 and consisted of 23 former Bullittsburg Baptist Church members, including two slaves. Christopher Wilson was the first pastor. The church was a member of the North Bend Association of Baptists. <html><img alt=“Belleview Baptist Church 190th anniversary” src=“” width=“300” align=“right” title=“Belleview Baptist Church 190th anniversary”></html>

In June 1876, a small cyclone damaged the meeting house at Middle Creek beyond repair, and in 1877 the congregation moved to the river bottoms and Belleview.

The church was added to the National Register in 1989.

More Information

belleview_baptist_church.txt · Last modified: 2020/11/03 18:42 by