Table of Contents
Archibald Huston is sworn in as Sheriff.
William Monteague, William Sebree, Archelaus Alloway, Uriel Sebree and John Hall are Justices of the Peace.
- Middle Creek Baptist Church is organized.
- Meriwether Lewis visits Big Bone Lick.
- The Newport Barracks is established in Campbell County to supply soldiers for the Indian Wars.
U.S. & World
- Ohio enters the Union as a free state.
- President Thomas Jefferson purchases the Louisiana Territory from Napoleon, effectively doubling the size of the United States.
- The Supreme Court of the United States in Marbury v. Madison declares a law unconstitutional for the first time and establishes the principle of judical review.
- Boone County Tax Lists, 1803.
1803.txt · Last modified: 2020/11/03 18:42 by 127.0.0.1