- Big Bone Lick is deeded by David Ross to Wilson Allen, Edmund W. Rootes, and Jacob Myers, to discharge a debt of $14,000 plus interest, though Ross retained possession until 1 August.
- The Bank of Kentucky is organized. Forty-six new banks are chartered and are authorized to issue paper money.
- Shakertown at Pleasant Hill is established.
- Thomas Lincoln and Nancy Hanks, future parents of President Abraham Lincoln, marry in Springfield, Kentucky.
U.S. & World
- American explorer Zebulon Pike identifies the Colorado peak that will eventually bear his name.
- Noah Webster publishes The Compendious Dictionary of the English Language. The volume rapidly becomes the recognized authority on American English.
- Boone County Tax Lists, 1806.
1806.txt · Last modified: 2020/11/03 18:42 by 127.0.0.1