Table of Contents
- A committee is appointed by the Boone County Court to mark the best route from the courthouse to the salt works on Mud Lick and from thence to Eagle Creek.
- The first distillery in Boone County is established by Archibald Reid.
- On the 20th of October, 1800, Robert Johnson and John H. Craig were given approval by the County Court to establish a town on their lands on the waters of Woolper’s Creek at the place fixed on for the seat of Justice. “A town is established on the lands of Robert Johnson and John H. Craig to be called and known by the name of Wilmington”. (Order Book A, page 22) October 1800. (Plat of town is in Deed Book A, page 123 - 74 acres) This is the legal incorporation of Burlington, as the Counties had power under state law to establish towns within their boundaries.
- Governor Garrard is elected to a second term. Garrard is the first Kentucky governor directly elected by the people.
U.S. & World
- The federal government moves from Philadelphia to its newly constructed capital at Washington, D.C.
- John Chapman, better known as Jonny Appleseed, begins scattering religious tracts and apple seeds in pioneer communities throughout the American Midwest.
- Thomas Jefferson and Aaron Burr tie in the Electoral College vote for President.
- Boone County Tax Lists, 1800: District 1, District 2.
1800.txt · Last modified: 2020/11/03 18:42 by 127.0.0.1