Lyon House (BE 32)
Built in 1909, the Lyon House is believed to have been built on the site of the original Tanner’s Station fortification, built at the time of the town’s founding c. 1789. Despite cosmetic alterations, the house is a significant example of the Queen Anne Free Classic style in Boone County. Although much of the house’s original detailing is concealed under vinyl siding, the house retains its original parlor windows with stained glass transoms, and carved oak door with oval glazed panel. The veranda has been rebuilt using the original column capitals.
lyon_house.txt · Last modified: 2020/11/03 18:42 by 127.0.0.1