Table of Contents
- Charles Kottmyer buys the Anderson Ferry, along with two acres of land for $2,800.
- The University of Kentucky is founded in Lexington.
- The state of Kentucky refuses to ratify the Thirteenth Amendment. Along with the Fourteenth and Fifteenth Amendments, it will not pass the state legislature until 1976.
U.S. & World
- April 14 - President Abraham Lincoln is assassinated. He is succeeded in office by his Vice-President, Andrew Johnson.
- The Freedmen's Bureau is founded.
- The Thirteenth Amendment is ratified, outlawing slavery in the U.S.
- The Secret Service is founded to combat the wave of currency counterfeiting around the country.
1865.txt · Last modified: 2020/11/03 18:42 by 127.0.0.1