Willis Graves is the local Notary Public.
- Thomas Streshly advertises 320 acres of second rate land on Big Bone Creek for sale in the Lexington Reporter (2 Feb 1811).
- Henry Clay is elected to the U.S. Congress.
U.S. & World
- William Henry Harrison defeats Tecumseh's confederation at the Battle of Tippecanoe.
- Earthquakes beginning December 16 make the Mississippi River flow upstream for several hours and push the town of New Madrid, Missouri, into the river. The tremors are felt across the eastern United States and continue for months.
- Work is begun on the first national roadway, but states' rights politics will obstruct federal funding for the Cumberland Road, which heads west from Cumberland, Maryland.
- Boone County Tax Lists, 1811.
1811.txt · Last modified: 2020/11/03 18:42 by 127.0.0.1