Table of Contents
- East Bend Baptist Church is organized.
- Sand Run Baptist Church is organized.
- The Burlington Library Company is incorporated.
- General John Adair, a hero of the War of 1812, is elected governor.
- The Replevin Law is passed and creditors have to accept notes of the Bank of the Commonwealth which are virtually worthless.
- First commercial coal mine in Kentucky, known as the “McLean drift bank” opens in Muhlenberg County Kentucky.
- The first commercial oil well in Kentucky opens on the Cumberland River in McCreary County.
U.S. & World
- The Panic of 1819 causes widespread foreclosures, bank failures and unemployment.
- Spain cedes Florida to the United States; the territory will become a state 26 years later.
- Unitarianism is founded by William Ellering Channing in Boston. The movement has roots in the Protestant Reformation and liberal New England Congregationalism.
- The first commercially produced eating chocolate is made in Vevy, Switzerland.
1819.txt · Last modified: 2020/11/03 18:42 by 127.0.0.1