- A ferry with service to Rising Sun, Indiana is established by a Mr. Meeks.
- “A majority of the court being present and upon mature deliberation doth change the name of this town of Wilmington to the name of Burlington and it is hereby ordered that the change be observed in all process and issues where it is necessary and that it hereafter be observed in all respects whatever.” (Order Book A, page 364; January 1816)
- Newly-elected Governor George Madison dies suddenly, prompting a crisis in the Legislature.
U.S. & World
- Indiana is the 19th state to be admitted to the Union.
- Secretary of State James Monroe is elected as the fifth president of the United States, defeating Georgian William H. Crawford.
- Boone County Tax Lists, 1816.
1816.txt · Last modified: 2020/11/03 18:42 by 127.0.0.1