Table of Contents
Jeremiah Kirtley is Sheriff.
James Preston and Benjamin Fowler are Justices of the Peace.
- The county's second oldest town, Caledonia, is incorporated and renamed Petersburg.
- Abner Gaines puts through a stagecoach line from Cincinnati to Lexington.
- The Bank of Burlington is established with $100,000 capitol stock.
- The Carneal family builds Elmwood Hall, the first permanent residence at Ludlow in Kenton County.
- The seven million acre Jackson Purchase is negotiated with the Chickasaw by Isaac Shelby and Andrew Jackson.
- General George Rogers Clark dies.
U.S. & World
- The U.S. and Canada agree that the 49th Parallel will serve as their common border.
- Congress resolves that the American flag will have 13 red and white stripes and a blue field with a white star for each state.
- Illinois becomes the 21st state.
- Boone County Tax Lists, 1818.
1818.txt · Last modified: 2020/11/03 18:42 by 127.0.0.1